Energy - Key Figures for The Year 2012
Energy consumption in Citycon's properties is mostly indirect consumption, in other words procured energy. Only one shopping centre is equipped with a heating plant, and the fuel it uses is reported as direct energy consumption.
Citycon's total energy consumption (incl. electricity consumption in common areas, heating and cooling) amounted to 257.3 gigawatt hours.
• Consumption showed a slight increase of 1.1 per cent compared to previous year
• Total energy consumption in like-for-like shopping centre properties decreased by 1.7 per cent
• In shopping centres, energy consumption per visitor decreased by 1.3 per cent and energy consumption per sales fell by 7.2 per cent
• The annual target for reduction in energy consumption was achieved.
The total consumption of primary energy in Citycon was 1,956 terajoules.
Measures taken to improve energy efficiency in 2012:
• Implementation of energy saving actions in properties through active optimisation and adjustment measures and investments
• The proportion of green electricity was raised by 189.7 per cent.